Do You Want to Sing?
Do Your Children Want to Sing?
If so, Singing Made Easy Was Created Just for You!
Allow me to introduce myself. I’m Marcia McCarry, Professional Voice Teacher. Over the course of 45 years, I’ve offered private training to over 4,000 students of all ages, from the child in pre-school to retired mature adults.
Some years ago I realized that I needed to create my own teaching materials. My love for teaching wasn’t enough. After years of searching, I had never found just the right materials to use in my studio. I knew that if my students of all ages were to learn to sing well that I would need to write my own program for my students, and I did!
“The Singing Made Easy series is the most complete program I’ve ever seen for children to learn how to sing.”
– Nancy Wheeler, Suzuki Piano Teacher, Long Beach, CA
Here’s the history behind that idea.
In 1983, I was fortunate to be able to study the Suzuki Piano Method in Japan with Dr. Haruko Kataoka. In addition, I met and observed Dr. Shinichi Suzuki, the renowned master teacher himself. I noticed how everything he taught came from the principles of relaxation.
While I was in Japan, I was able to talk to his wife, Mrs. Waltraud Suzuki, regarding my idea of applying the Suzuki Method to singing. She told me of another teacher who was interested in the same approach.
Later on, I made a trip to Finland to speak with Päivi Kukkamaki, who at that time was earning her doctorate in vocal pedagogy from the Sibelius Academy in Helsinki. Since that time, she has established the approved Suzuki Voice Method in Finland and presents international workshops to teachers.
My own program was carefully organized and compiled over a period of seven years with the help of many people, including Mrs. Suzuki. She was delighted to give me the translations of some of the German folk songs that are included in the Suzuki Method books.
With my training and background as a Suzuki Piano and Violin teacher, I had every reason to use all the same teaching techniques with voice students. Namely, by putting the emphasis on singing with a beautiful tone, stressing relaxation in every lesson, and offering progressively difficult materials, I could train singers from the very beginning in exactly the way they should be taught.
Teaching became an even greater joy. I decided to self-publish my books and make CD’s of the songs. My husband, a musician and recording technician, orchestrated and recorded all the CD’s. I began sharing these sets of books and CD’s with other teachers and they were astounded at the results.
Do you ever agonize over the issue of how to sing with a more beautiful tone, or do you wonder how to help your children or students sing even better than they do now?
If you love singing as much as I do… read on.
This is the opportunity you’ve been waiting for…
The Solution Has Finally Arrived!
This unique progressive singing program is designed for beginners of all ages regardless of background. And … it really works.
Singing is a physical activity; the human body is the solo instrument!
Here is What You Will Uncover in the “Singing Made Easy” program:
- You will discover proper breathing techniques, and good diction to help you sing with a beautiful tone,
- How you can connect the skills of the right and left brain through the use of music!
- The materials that you can use for steady improvement.
Here is What the Singing Made Easy Program Offers You:
- Singing Made Easy is a progressive series of singing materials in five levels; each one includes a book and CD.
- Coloring sheets accompany Levels I-III with full permission to duplicate them for all family members and friends.
- These books are carefully compiled to help vocalists to sing better and better as the voice continues to mature.
- All books have a teaching point for each song. The music is in large print; chord symbols are included for accompaniments on guitar or piano.
- By singing along with the CD it is easier to learn the lyrics and melodies more quickly.
- Separate tracks of the instrumental background tracks on the CD are great accompaniments for vocalists once the songs are memorized.
- There is a wide variety of music included in this series, such as children’s songs, folk songs, rounds, part songs with harmony
and descants, a few Christmas songs, with some traditional songs in foreign languages, including French, German, Italian, Japanese and Spanish.
- Piano accompaniment books are available for Levels I-IV for parents, teachers or students. Excellent for classroom teaching.
- Christmas Carols Made Easy includes hard-to-find carols, some from foreign countries in the native languages. The songs and additional instrumental accompaniment tracks are recorded on a superior quality CD. Coloring sheets are included.
Everyone Can Sing… At Any Age!
Watch for Unexpected Benefits!
- Students who learn music also learn concentration and develop a greater ability to focus on academic subjects.
School grades improve.
- A singer who develops effective breathing habits will seldom have asthma, emphysema, or other lung problems.
- Singing can be a social activity. Those who sing make friends easily, join choirs, entertain at parties, and eventually become cast members in theater productions.
- Children who sing well develop excellent self-esteem, and a great majority of them are willing to perform in public. As they mature, they do not have the typical problems of stage fright.
- Singing well can be either a hobby or a career; at least the option is available and the singer has the choice.
See what a few of our happy customers have to say about the Singing Made Easy series…
“My daughter began using the Singing Made Easy books at age seven. Now, at age ten, she loves to sing for recitals, for community functions, and in church. I can’t begin to tell you how pleased we are.”
– Jill Boyer, mother, Livingston, MT
“The Singing Made Easy materials have helped my son to sing on pitch as well as memorize many songs. He loves to sing solos whenever anyone asks him.”
– Kathleen Rakela, ballet teacher, Emigrant, MT
“My voice students learn so quickly with the Singing Made Easy materials! They love to sing and have a lot of fun with the CD’s.”
– Joanne Ikeda, Suzuki Piano and Voice Teacher, Valparaiso, IN
Discover How Easy it Can Be to Sing with the Singing Made Easy Series. Purchase Your Own Copy Today!